‘On the Wing’ began life as a support service for professionals who needed to be able do more with mobile devices, cloud based services and integration with existing laptops and desktops systems, but did not have access to an IT department. Based on experience and changing need, we are now expanding the scope to cover cover new compliance issues around VAT on e-services and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from May 2018 as well as strategic and day-to-day business advice to help clients adapt and prosper.
On the Wing Project
The project is driven by Simon Rae-Scott, ConnectWorks’ Managing Director, to provide a direct point of contact for individual clients. The model for this subscription telephone support service is deliberately simple so we can continue to explore where it can take us.
It’s priced just under £50 per year at £49.99 including VAT and there are just three key elements:
- Support calls that can resolve an issue in five minutes are free*
- A support call that takes longer than five minutes consumes the reserve and temporarily suspends the subscription
- Payment of a £45 recharge fee reinstates the subscription.
The broader scope of support for ‘On the Wing’ clients will now include the following elements:
- IT support for help with hardware & software; web sites & cloud services, eBooks & Apps
- Compliance support for help with questions on Tax, VAT, Insurance, IP, HR and GDPR
- Strategic business advice for help with adapting your business model, loan applications or day to day business issues as they crop up.
In terms of details of how the On the Wing project will operate initially, we have in process the following elements:
- When we receive your order for a subscription, we will set up a private page for you on the ConnectWorks site. This will show a simple log of your calls* and any solutions provided including relevant links
- Your page will also have a recharge button if you have hit a crisis that took more than five minutes to resolve, your fee has been consumed and you now need to reactivate the subscription
- We can now offer ‘On the Wing’ members a longer intervention to implement various solutions. These include setting up email accounts, putting back-up systems in place, setting up security measures such password management and two step verification across all your online accounts or even installing a new version of an operating system. In the London area this can be managed literally as a ‘Home Visit’ and where you are further away, the ‘Home Visit’ will be managed as an extended series of telephone, Skype or FaceTime calls charged at £125 + VAT (£150) per implementation. To organise your ‘Home Visit’ just ring Simon as normal on 07956 888 757.
**e-Commerce processing is provided through the ConnectWorks Ltd. Paypal account mediated by an e-junkie.com shopping cart. At the shopping cart stage you will be asked to confirm your country and postcode so that the VAT can be calculated correctly.