ConnectWorks provides modular implementation of the key elements of a web presence for a new business start up. They also work well for the development of modern web services for existing businesses.
The solutions we put in place for a content managed web site, e-Commerce facilities and Social Media services make use of popular, well supported online brands that are available for free or cost effective use. We deliberately use services that clients can manage themselves to ensure that they will be able to use them going forward. We focus on setting them up cleanly with appropriate levels of security, integration of services and introductory training.
Implementation and Training Modules
Modules costs £360 including VAT. After initial discussion, each takes about half a day to complete. For some modules, such as the e-Commerce module, there may be an initial set up step that may take a day or two for the suppliers to process, but otherwise the work can be done in a morning or afternoon at the client’s premises or an agreed location that has secure internet access.
Content Management System Web Site
- Initial discussion to agree a system such as WordPress*, the domain name and a suitable server
- Clean installation of the system, the template theme, domain and security measures
- Initial training in creating menus and generating pages with text and pictures
- Setting up Paypal as the card verification and payment processing system
- Setting up e-Junkie as the shopping cart system capable of handling VAT
- Initial training in setting up products/services and placing buttons on pages
Social Media Setup
- Discussion to agree Social Media mix — LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and so on.
- Clean setup of the accounts, the account pages, interconnections and security measures
- Initial training in use of the accounts, guidance on effective content and managing workflows
- Agreement on key areas of focus and scope of the half day training
- “Hands on” working through the agreed areas and development of practice routines
- Summary report with links and notes on steps for the procedures
Once the services are in place, we now have a range ways in which we can support clients with generating content, refining design and services and scaling activities. For free, we are now running a co-working day a week for subscribers to the ‘On the Wing’ network and Simon Rae-Scott’s business modelling clients.
From the end of October 2013, we will be organising frequent workshops on web presence and sector specific business issues including ‘App Development Planning’, ‘How to Sell Food through Retailers’ and ‘Smart Street Trading’. We also provide the half day training modules for individuals and we are also very happy to explore custom development projects that can be built on top of these modular services and that can capitalise on our traditional web development and project management skills for major public and private sector clients.