Breaking news: ‘Corridor Time’ – this week with a twist
‘Corridor Time’ will have a different flavour this week as we will have a guest “mediator”, Delene Edwards, at the helm. Delene has kindly stepped in when Simon Rae-Scott’s workflow threatened cancellation of the day. Instead it’s become an opportunity to demonstrate the strengths within the groups who have been taking advantage of the Corridor Time days and Delene has a wonderful creative project in hand with potential relevance for all businesses. Come and find out more this Friday 29th November from 11am to 4 pm in the Main Foyer up the stairs at the Lyric Theatre, Hammersmith, where we continue to have the support and interest of directors for the project we’re building.
If you want to find out more about Delene’s project in advance, or to arrange a particular time during the day to speak to Delene to get help on an issue, you can contact her directly on 07951 342 977 or by email.
Simon will be back on Friday week, 6th December 2013, and can always be contacted directly on 07956 888 757 and you can find out more about the ‘On the Wing’ support network and ConnectWorks Web Modules on the site.
‘Corridor Time’ is Free for our clients
- The style is “co-working” – offering us the opportunity to support people tackling technical web and IT matters, business project modelling and sourcing funding
- The support is provided freely for those who are paid up subscribers to our ‘On the Wing’ network or are current NEA or SFEDI clients.
Bring your laptop or tablet and work in hand and come and join us at the Lyric this Friday.
And if you’re not yet an ‘On the Wing’ subscriber, it’s very easy to join online for only £49.99 per year and, as you can see, we’re growing what is on offer. You can ring Simon Rae-Scott directly on 07956 888 757 to find out more.
If you are already one of Simon’s NEA or SFEDI business support clients, just come along for support with your business planning and you will also be able to find out more about the new developments in the business support world where access to realistic finance has just become a degree more approachable.
ConnectWorks specialises in custom arts and information web projects for corporate and public sector clients and affordable modular solutions to assist new businesses in setting up a web presence and adding e-commerce. It also provides consultancy and workshops on web matters and emerging technologies, including eBook publications.
ConnectWorks runs ‘On the Wing’, a telephone support service for individual clients that focuses on helping professionals do more with mobile devices, cloud based services and integration with existing laptops and desktops.
On the Wing Project
‘On the Wing’ is a personal networking project driven by Simon Rae-Scott, ConnectWorks’ Managing Director, to provide a direct point of contact for individual clients. The model for this subscription telephone support service is deliberately simple so we can explore where it can take us.
It’s priced just under £50 per year at £49.99 including VAT and there are just three key elements:
- Support calls that can resolve an issue in five minutes are free*
- A support call that takes longer than five minutes consumes the reserve and temporarily suspends the subscription
- Payment of a £45 recharge fee reinstates the subscription.
Subscribe now for £49.99**
ConnectWorks Newsletter | ConnectWorks on Facebook | Follow us @onthewingit
Why Subscribe or Recommend Now?
- If you own an iPhone or iPad, subscribing will help justify it as a professional purchase
- To help grow this personal network, you can claim a free recharge for each new subscriber you refer
- If you’re iOS/ICT professional, but would rather we handled your clients’ questions, please call Simon on 07956 888 757 to arrange a £10 Finder’s Fee per subscriber you help to join our list.
Read more about Simon’s thoughts on why he has introduced the ‘On the Wing’ network and how he sees it developing.
*Five minute calls can be made as often as you like subject to common sense, reasonable hours and what will emerge as a ‘Fair Use’ policy for the group as the network service beds in.
**e-Commerce processing is provided through the ConnectWorks Ltd. Paypal account mediated by an e-junkie.com shopping cart. At the shopping cart stage you will be asked to confirm your country and postcode so that the VAT can be calculated correctly.